How to Clean Your Air Conditioning Vents
Your air conditioning vents are the lungs of your house. Like your lungs, vents operate well with clean air. One of the ways to ensure fresh air in your house is through air conditioning repair. The air conditioning vents in your home contain millions of particles of dirt, dust, spider webs, hair, and other allergens, which, if not consistently and well cleaned, can result in poor air quality in your home, and consequently, poor functioning of your air vents.
Cleaning your air vent will not only save you money but also ensure a good healthy living. Apart from mere cleaning of your air vents, they also need consistency of tidiness to operate well during peak summer days.
What you need for a successful central air conditioning
• A Vacuum cleaner
• A Screw Driver
• A Scrub Brush
• Broom and Cleaning Clothes
Steps on cleaning your air conditioning vents
• Safety first. Ensure you turn off the power connected to your air conditioning and heating system.
• Unscrew your air vents covers from the walls and brush them thoroughly to remove dirt. You can wash them using warm water and soap if they are filthy. This will make them gleam.
• Now that your air conditioning vents are out of the way, you can grab your brush and clean along the air vent walls loosening dust and dirt.
• Once the dust and dirt are loosened, you can use a vacuum and its attachments. Vacuum the vents as much as possible. Consider renting or purchasing a heavy-duty vacuum for this purpose. Ensure the vacuum you are using is long enough to reach deep into the vents.
• Once that is done, you can clean the grilles in your ceiling. You can use a broom to attack the dirt if you are not able to reach them using a screwdriver or vacuum. If you have not cleaned them for quite sometimes, you may need to protect yourself from the dust and the debris by wearing a dust mask.
Why you need to clean your air vents
• Saves on cost
In the presence of contaminants such as dirt and dust particles, your vents start working harder and also exert a lot of electricity. The effect is that there would be increased utility bills. When air conditioning vents are cleaned continuously, and blockages are removed, there will be a reduction of overall air conditioning and heating costs. With improved airflow, your heating and cooling system will consume less electricity and, consequently, increase energy efficiency. This is why you need air conditioning repair.
• Improving your indoor air quality
As the air gets in through the ventilation system, it is incredibly possible for contaminants such as allergens, pollutants, and mildew to settle along with your air vents. Almost all air vent systems use filters. However, filters cannot effectively collect all the contaminants. This makes it critically important to clean your air conditioning vents continually. It would help to vastly improve your indoor air quality by increasing air circulation, and consequently, reducing pollutants from contaminating your home environment.
• Promoting good health
The only surefire way to improving your indoor health is by regularly cleaning your air conditioning vents. Many different pollutants such as radon, molds, tobacco smoke and fumes emanate from cooking in the kitchen. The threat of mold spores and dust particles can make the quality of air in your home worse. With central air conditioning, you can do away with plenty of these pollutants, hence, promoting a better air quality, resulting to improved good health.
• Maintaining favorable temperatures
When your air conditioning vent system is clogged up and tries to contend with contaminants, it can affect your air vents and the performance of the air-cooling mechanisms in your house. When air vents are cleaned, it is possible to remove debris that blocks and reduce airflow. When the vents are cleansed and the contaminant removed, you will undoubtedly get better results from the HVAC system, and this bring your home more comfort.
• Reducing repair cost
When heating and cooling system experiences challenges moving air through the vent system, it will work harder than it needs to. The desired temperatures may not be reached, and the functionality of your system may be limited. When this occurs, it will undoubtedly exert stress on the HVAC system, resulting from wearing and tearing, and eventually, higher repair and maintenance costs.
Need further help?
Overall, it would be best to clean your air conditioning vents if you care about maintaining the quality of your indoor air. However, it can be labor and time intensive when you decide to clean your air conditioning vents by yourself. You may need to contact professional air conditioner repair workers to do the job. You can contact us in case you need our services. We are a trustful and certified local HVAC Air Conditioning Repair Company in Winfield and will ensure your air conditioning vent system is cleaned to your expectation.